Today, I decided to cook some cholla buds. For my creation today I made sure to boil the buds before putting them in the oven. Boiling the buds not only softens the buds themselves, but also softens any remaining spines. Doing so made them much more pleasant to eat!
Here is my crude recipe:
- Boil buds until you can easily pierce with a fork
- Place boiled buds on a baking pan and drizzle olive oil on them
- Sprinkle Sea Salt, black pepper, ginger powder, and garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Place pan in hot oven and bake for 10 minutes
- Remove and after a little cooling time, enjoy!